Spotted Lanternfly FAQ
The quarantine is currently in place in the following municipalities:
Berks County: Amity Township, Oley Township, Rockland Township, Longswamp Township, Earl Township, Pike Township, District Township, Douglass Township, Colebrookdale Township, Washington Township, Hereford Township, Maxatawny Township, Alsace Township, Exeter Township, Topton Borough, Bally Borough, Kutztown Borough, St. Lawrence Borough, Betchelsville Borough and Boyertown Borough.
Bucks County: Milford Township, Trumbauersville Borough.
Chester County: South Coventry Township.
Lehigh County: Lower Macungie Township, Upper Macungie Township, Upper Milford Township Alburtis borough, Macungie borough.
Montgomery County: Douglass Township, Upper Hanover Township, New Hanover Township, West Pottsgrove Township East Greenville Borough, Pennsburg Borough, Red Hill Borough.
The quarantine may be expanded to new areas as further detections of the Spotted Lanternfly are detected and confirmed. Intentional movement of the Spotted Lanternfly is expressly prohibited and is a serious offense. Violations could result in criminal or civil penalties and/or fines.
The quarantine restricts the movement of certain articles. If you are seeking to enter into a compliance agreement to be able to move these materials you can request a permit by contacting Dana Rhodes. Her email address is email@example.com
. Industries and regulated articles under the quarantine that are not to be removed/moved to a new area are:
• Any living stage of the Spotted Lanternfly, Lycorma delicatula. This includes egg masses, nymphs, and adults.
• Brush, debris, bark, or yard waste
• Landscaping, remodeling or construction waste
• Logs, stumps, or any tree parts
• Firewood of any species
• Grapevines for decorative purposes or as nursery stock
• Nursery stock
• Crated materials
• Outdoor household articles including recreational vehicles, lawn tractors and mowers, mower decks, grills, grill and furniture covers, tarps, mobile homes, tile, stone, deck boards, mobile fire pits, any associated equipment and trucks or vehicles not stored indoors.